Whointhewhatnow?

My photo
Outlook, Saskatchewan, Canada
Production manager of a weekly newspaper in Outlook, Saskatchewan. The blog url of midsask.blogspot.com has absolutely nothing to do with MidSask REDA, though, they do very good work throughout the Lake Diefenbaker Region.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Exciting and inspirational

In my line of work I get to meet a lot of different people. I've had the opportunity to speak with the different Premiers of Saskatchewan over the years. Such men as Grant Devine and Roy Romanow. I've also spoken to one of the most interesting women in the history of provincial politics in Lynda Haverstock. Had things been different, I still believe that she would have been elected Premier of the province at one time in her political career.

I've had the opportunity to meet the members of Harlequin when they began touring Canada as a bar band. I've spoken with Kenny Shields of Streetheart. I've interviewed different members of the Saskatchewan Roughriders. I've spoken to mayors, musicians, athletes. And last week, I met one of the most inspirational people I could ever meet.

Leanne Hynd is a local singer/song writer. And she is one of the most exciting, inspirational people I have met in some time. She stopped by the shop and I had the chance to talk to her. And during our talk, Canyons of Steel came up. I'd been at a road block with the story, and a friend of mine (Tricia) was helping, but I was having a difficult time. Tricia and I have come up with some wonderful story writing ideas, but putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) was difficult. I got that jump start when I met Leanne and we talked. She is such a very positive person and helped out a great deal. And I encourage anyone to go to her site and check out her music. www.leannehynd.com. She plays small concerts around the year, and I've listened to a couple of her albums (I have two that she gave me, and I copied them onto my computer into iTunes so I can listen to them while I write). To the left is a photo of Leanne, taken by Susan Ewert. That handsome guy in the background is a close friend of Leanne's, Charley Edwards. Charley is a great person to talk to as well, and also has that very up and positive attitude.

Thanks, Leanne. You helped me get excited, and in doing so both Tricia and I are back into the swing of things.

Until next time...

Keep 'em flyin'.

1 comment:

Zodi said...

I can't tell you how happy I am she motivated you to start writing again. Maybe I should send her a message and ask her to tell you to hurry up so I can start writing with you XD.

<3 u