Whointhewhatnow?

My photo
Outlook, Saskatchewan, Canada
Production manager of a weekly newspaper in Outlook, Saskatchewan. The blog url of midsask.blogspot.com has absolutely nothing to do with MidSask REDA, though, they do very good work throughout the Lake Diefenbaker Region.

Monday, September 3, 2007

Ideals and dangerous actions

I'm working on something that I hope to post in the next few months. While conducting my usual random searches across the web (which include such sites as Fark, YouTube, Google and more) certain news stories catch my eye.

The one's recently that have caught my eye have been on an organization that has existed in the world for several decades. Spearheaded by the ideas of a science fiction author, it has now become recognized as a religious following. But what churches have such jack boot tactics as what I have read about.

I consider myself a neutral opinion in the matter surrounding some of the events that have been seen and read across the web. But, you have to raise the question, how much on the web do you believe? People can post, quite literally, anything they wish. And do so with relative anonymity. In recent years, things have cleaned up a tad, as the web is populated by more than just the basement geek with a penchant for coding. Information is out there and accessable for everyone. Even ideas.

Like I said, I'm gathering information from several different areas and in a couple of months I'll be putting it all together here. The organization; Scientology. After reading, watching, listening to some of the information that I have found, perhaps I might be expecting legal action against me if I post. I'm not certain.

Keep watching and reading. Until then...

Keep 'em flyin'.

No comments: